If you are covered by Medicare and you have recently been diagnosed with potential kidney problems by your primary care physician, he or she can refer you to Peninsula Kidney Associates for a comprehensive evaluation and treatment at little or no cost to you.
Here are a few things you’ll need to know for your first visit with us:
- Your referring physician will be asked to provide copies of notes from your last office visit, as well as recent lab results, ultrasounds and/or scans that may be related to your kidneys.
- If you have additional documentation that you feel will be helpful in assisting with your treatment, please bring copies of those for our files.
- You’ll also need to bring copies of your insurance card(s) and a photo ID.
- If you are currently on any medication, place your prescription bottles in a bag and bring that with you. Otherwise, make a list of the medicines you’re on, including the name, dose and how often you should take them.
- If you are currently being treated for other issues, bring a list of the names of the other physicians you are seeing and their contact information. You must provide us with permission to contact the doctors you would like us to communicate with. We cannot contact them without your authorization.
Initial visits generally last two hours or more. This gives our staff the time to thoroughly evaluate you and answer any questions you may have.
For future visits with us, the most important thing to remember as a Medicare HMO policyholder is, you need a referral from your primary physician prior to scheduling an appointment. Without the proper referral, your HMO insurance will not cover the cost of the visit.
Visit our website to contact us today and speak with our staff on what you need for your next visit with us if you’re a Medicare HMO policyholder.
Dr. Ayodeji and his staff have always provided me with professionalism and great customer service. Even in the midst of my accepting my situation, Dr. Ayodeji was the most understanding physician I have ever dealt with. He truly cares and understands. I appreciate him in many ways as a doctor.
There is a genuine concern with my medical care. Also the staff has always worked along with me in case of an emergency.
I’ve always liked (Peninsula Kidney Associates) and will continue to come. I feel relieved to know I have had the best of care.
I always leave with the satisfaction of feeling I had the best assessment of my condition and the best intervention. I would say I am a miracle with the treatment I receive.
For me , I would rather come here than any of my other physicians.
Dr. Wang is always concerned and aware of my healthcare. Even when we call about questions, she takes the time to make any necessary adjustments.
I loved the service and staff kindness.
I have been at the Denbigh location for over a year now and everyone involved has really succeeded in making these visits outstanding….Please keep doing the right things. It has caused difficult times to (have) delightful outcomes.
Your staff is always very nice, polite and respectful. Always easy to speak to.